Philly is finally in the yellow phase after 3 very, very long months. What does this mean? No, we can’t exactly go around hugging strangers and packing into restaurants quite yet. But is does mean that I can finally start taking on outdoor sessions again (cue confetti and parades and a marching band)!
But I want you to know that, even with things starting to open up again, I am going to be doing my part to limit the spread of infection. Here is what I will be doing in order to keep everyone as safe as possible when they book a session:
1.Keeping it covered: I will be wearing a mask for the entire session, although you are free to show your gorgeous face to the camera (unless you want to take some awkward family mask photos, which I am here for). I will also continue to wear a mask when going out in public to limit the chances of me becoming infected and passing it along to my clients.
2. No “hands-on” posing: Occasionally in the past, I would move arms and hands around to help you get into a comfortable pose. But while we are in the yellow phase, no touching! But as you all know, my work is not very posed and focuses more on natural interaction…so this won’t be too much of an issue anyway!
3. No more pack-mule photographer: I have been known to become a pack-mule during sessions, holding all of my client’s belongings. In order to reduce the chances of contaminating one another, I will be retiring my pack-mule role…which means you gotta start packing light! If you have to bring a bag with you try to keep it small and one you don’t mind tossing on the ground while we take pictures.
4. More secluded locations: When deciding on locations together, I am going to be more vigilant in picking locations with wide-open spaces to help us keep our distance from others. For the next few months, I will primarily be photographing in parks vs. some of my previous “go to” city spots.
5. Call me Ms. Clean: Before each session, I will not only be sanitizing my hands, but also all of my gear. Even though clients don’t generally get too close to my equipment, I figure why not just be extra safe?
6. Cancellation policy: I am allowing cancellations up to 24 hours beforehand with no fees. If you feel sick before our session please let me know and we can reschedule. Your deposit fee can be transferred to any new date at no additional cost.
7. Electronic payments only: While this has been my policy for a while, I want to reiterate that I will not be accepting cash payments or tips. You can tip directly through your invoice. Or if you feel so inclined after our session, I can give you my Venmo!
I want to make sure that you feel as safe as possible moving forward, and I can’t wait to start working with you again. If there is anything else that I can do to make you feel as safe as possible don’t hesitate to reach out! I can’t wait to make some photo magic with you again!
Philadelphia based wedding and family photographer
transporting you back to your most special memories.
I celebrate all kinds of love and photograph all gender identities, sexualities, races, cultures, religions, bodies, and abilities.
Heather McBride Photography © 2021 | All rights reserved | Brand + Site by Kat Cosma